What is a kick count??
It’s normal to worry about your baby’s health. One way you can know your baby’s doing well is to record the baby’s movement once a day.This is called a kick count. you will usually feel your baby move by the 20th week of pregnancy. Remember to take your kick count records to all your appointments with your healthcare provider.
How to count kick counts?
- Choose a time when the baby is active, such a s after a meal.
- Sit comfortably or lie on your side.
- The first time the baby moves, write down the time.
- Count each movement until the baby has moved 10 times. This can take from 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- If the baby hasn’t moved 4 times in 1 hour, pat/shake your stomach to wake the baby up.
- Write down the time you feel the baby’s 10th movement.
- Try to do it at the same time each day.
When to call a doctor?
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of the following.
- Your baby moves less than 10 times in 4 hours while you are doing kick counts.
- Your baby moves much less often than on the days before.
- You have not felt your baby move all day.