What is an Ovulation??
Ovulation is when a mature egg is released from the ovary,pushed down the Fallopian tube and available to be fertilized.
How to track Ovulation??
A Normal women cycle is between 28-32 days, but some may have shorter or longer cycle.It can be calculated by starting with the first day of Last Menstrual Period(LMP) or by calculating 12-16 days from the next expected period.
Many women think that they will ovulate exactly on 14th day, but this is not always the case. A women’s fertile span is said to be there for 5 days prior to ovulation but there are only 2 days where you will likely become pregnant: the day prior to ovulation and the day of ovulation.
Symptoms of Ovulation
1) Cervical mucus changes
2) A rise in basal body temperature
3) Abdominal bloating
4) Breast tenderness
5) Slight spotting
6) Increased sexual desire
How to find whether I am ovulating??
To Eliminate the confusion, there are many products available in the market called the Ovulation predictor kit(OPK). Basically a simple urine tests is needed for this to find whether you are ovulating. It comes in both strip form and digital form. Both have pros and cons. Lets see one by one
- Clear blue fertility monitor with touch screen
2. Clear blue advanced digital ovulation test kit
3. First response ovulation test kit
4. AccuClear ovulation predictor kit
5. Fertile focus ovulation predictor kit
6. New choice ovulation predictor kit
Pros and Cons of Ovulation Predictor Kit
1. Tells exactly whether you are ovulating or not.
2. It is very convenient and easy to use.
3. Widely available.
1. It is very costly.
2. It do not work same on women over 40.
3. Mislead results with fertility drugs in body.
4. It do not test for ovulation( Actually it measures the LH surge which takes place before ovulation and doesn’t guarantee that you will actually ovulate)
5. Harder to use if your cycle is irregular.
6. Some tests are more difficult to read than others.
Before buying the OPK, consider the ratings and reviews given by other fellow women who used that before.
Or you can simply use the Ovulation calender or calculator for an inexpensive way to find ovulation.
Do you know that you can induce ovulation??
Yes, It is a process where your doctor prescribes fertility drugs to help you ovulate.There are two basic classes of treatment available to entice your ovaries to work better: 1) Oral medications like clomiphene citrate and 2) Injectable medications with FSH as the active ingredient.
The goal of this treatment is to get you to release even a single egg in order to restore your monthly chance of conception.