What is SIDS
It is said to be the sudden unexplained death of a child less than one year of age. SIDS usually occur during sleep. It is also called crib death.
How to prevent SIDS
- Have the baby in your bedroom for at least six months and supervise their daytime naps too.
- Don’t share a bed with your baby.
- Put your baby sleep on her back rather on side or tummy.
- Use a sleep sack instead of blankets and don’t let anything obstruct her breathing.
- Don’t use pillow or bumpers around the crib.
- Don’t let your baby to get too warm room temperature.
- Seek medical help immediately if you see her unwell in anyway.
- Try not to expose your baby to smoke before and after birth. Keep your home smoke free 24/7.